What Games Made You Love Gaming?

• Going back to when you were first getting into gaming (for me this was the early 1980s) what games really made gaming amazing for you?

• Here are some of my classics. These really defined my early gaming years:

• King's Quest I - III
    • The Faery Tale Adventure
    • The Bard's Tale
    • Deja Vu
    • Uninvited
    • Pool of Radiance

• I'm young enough that I was just sort of born into video games being normal, but for me, it was definitely Gran Turks more 2. As it is, I've got well over an estimated 3,000 hours logged in that game, and I still play it often.

• Rollercoaster Tycoon - the absolute original
    Civilization IV
    Age of Mythology
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

• I'd have to say the first video game to catch my eye (beyond Pong) was Air Sea Battle (or Target Fun at Sears, where I would spend a lot of time playing their demo units.) I just HAD to get an Atari (but my parents got me the RCA Studio II before finally getting an Atari.)

Games that totally captivated me were text adventures, especially the Scott Adams games:

Adventureland
    Pirate Cove

Then I discovered Infocom and wow, it took it to a whole new level.

When text adventures graduated to graphics, I was in heaven. My favorites being Mindshadow and Critical Mass.

Finally, Sierra On-Line came to be and wow, I was blown away...especially with Space Quest.

• First game I got was Manic Miner on C64. Although one of my favorite early ones was Ultima 4 - thou has lost an eight! Also Elite was one of the best games of all time.

• @garak0410 said:

Finally, Sierra On-Line came to be and wow, I was blown away...especially with Space Quest.

My three and five year old have been playing through the Space Quest series with me recently. We are near the end of the fourth one now.

• Although not technically a video game (ok it is but educational) I used to play Math Blaster on 5.25" floppies. That game was awesome.
    Games that truly made me fall in love?

• Monkey Island
    • Loom
    • Lands of Lore 3
    • Diablo
    • Warcraft: Orcs and Humans
    • Starcraft

• Although there are many games that I have liked in different times of my life these are my first loves. They like a first car or first girlfriend, you'll never quite capture the same passion or freedom you felt with another game.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Age of Empires 2
    Pokemon Red for the original gameboy (good 'ol grey brick)

Looks like your connection to GAMRHAUS was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.