PC Rigs

• i7 920 @ 2.67 GHZ on EVGA X58 SLI
    6 GB RAM in 3x2 GB config
    RAID 0
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    SoundBlaster Recon 3D

• @CreativeGuy Please tell me you're joking with the RAID0 bit...

• @thanksaj said:

@CreativeGuy Please tell me you're joking with the RAID0 bit...

It's a gaming rig. That's a standard setup.

• @ScottAlanMiller ...I hope all his games are synced to cloud accounts...

• I've got an ALIENWARE ALW14:

Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4 GHz
    •16.0 GB DDR3L SDRAM
    •1024.0 GB 5400.0 rpm Hard Drive, 80 GB Solid-State Drive
    •14.0-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M with 2GB GDDR5

Pretty much gone mobile... my desktop, which I rarely use, is a media and backup server.

• @garak0410 I've always found Alienware to be highly overrated.

• @Mike-Ralston So true, it's great to see the compatibility for linux only getting better and better :D. Especially with how windows is going.... hopefully Windows 10 (because they are skipping 9 right? I feel they released that information sometime recently) isn't like windows 8. I know they usually go innovative then solid and cycle between the two for developmental purposes but 8 was not a good direction to go whatsoever.

• @Slicer316 8.1 is really not that different than Windows 7, besides the interface. It feels very similar, and I actually don't mind it.

• GTX 680 and an i7 whose speed I can't remember. Might upgrade to a 980 this year. Oh and my Oculus Rift is arriving monday!

• @tolstoshev said:

GTX 680 and an i7 whose speed I can't remember. Might upgrade to a 980 this year. Oh and my Oculus Rift is arriving monday!

That's awesome! I am looking forward to a review on that one!

• @Slicer316 I've had a lot of time to play with 10, and it's everything 8 should have been. It's a fantastic OS (and as being still only in beta, it's fairly impressive), but Linux isn't looking half bad anymore. Unfortunately, most AAA developers are sticking to Windows-Only, and that's really what's killing Linux as an OS for gaming.

• @ScottAlanMiller said:

@tolstoshev said:

GTX 680 and an i7 whose speed I can't remember. Might upgrade to a 980 this year. Oh and my Oculus Rift is arriving monday!

That's awesome! I am looking forward to a review on that one!

As am I, been quite interested in all the VR type gadgetry coming around lately.

• My system is very "meh":

Windows 8.1 Pro
    i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz
    8 GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 660
    1 TB SSD hybrid
    2 22-inch monitors

Actually, if I just upgraded my CPU it wouldn't be too bad.

• @AndyW Still above average, not bad at all. A better CPU and motherboard and you'd still be fine for another three years or so :)

• @thanksaj said:

@garak0410 I've always found Alienware to be highly overrated.

It was a free review unit, so I'll take it... :)

• @garak0410 said:

@thanksaj said:

Hey, I wouldn't argue with a free unit. Alienware is Dell, right?

• @thanksaj said:

@garak0410 said:

@thanksaj said:

Yes...all Dell now. I rarely use my desktop/tower so recently rebuilt it and it is strictly my server/media/backup device. I don't get to play games often but when I do, I fire up the Alienware and often will stream to my Surface Pro 3 in the docking station and play on my desk. :) Really into ALIEN: Isolation now.

• @garak0410 said:

@thanksaj said:

@garak0410 said:

@thanksaj said:

Yes...all Dell now. I rarely use my desktop/tower so recently rebuilt it and it is strictly my server/media/backup device. I don't get to play games often but when I do, I fire up the Alienware and often will stream to my Surface Pro 3 in the docking station and play on my desk. :) Really into ALIEN: Isolation now.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Also, I understand that. I hate having multiple computers. I bought the laptop I did so I'd have one computer that could do everything. It's got the power of most desktops and is still a laptop. I hate trying to remember what files I have in what locations on what computer.

• @thanksaj said:

@garak0410 said:

@thanksaj said:

@garak0410 said:

@thanksaj said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Also, I understand that. I hate having multiple computers. I bought the laptop I did so I'd have one computer that could do everything. It's got the power of most desktops and is still a laptop. I hate trying to remember what files I have in what locations on what computer.

My "de-gadget" project is ongoing. It is stressful to have so many. A whole other subject! :)

• Welp, the last PC I built was about five years ago. Now I spend all my time in front of a gaming laptop that I bought about 2 years ago. It is nice to be able to pick it up and move anywhere with it. It is an MSI GT70 with the following specs:

CPU: Intel i7-3630QM
    Video: GTX 675M / 2GB GDDR5
    Display: 17.3" Display (1920x1080)
    RAM: 12GB DDR3

Looks like your connection to GAMRHAUS was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.