Oculus Rift DK2

• Been thinking about it, but I'll probably wait until they officially release it.

• @tolstoshev Man, I want one of these so bad. I had a Z800 a few years back and it was disappointing to say the least. Then I got an iZ3D monitor which was also underwhelming, and then the company went out of business. But yeah, I'll be waiting for the Rift to be released before buying.

• @AndyW said:

@tolstoshev Man, I want one of these so bad. I had a Z800 a few years back and it was disappointing to say the least. Then I got an iZ3D monitor which was also underwhelming, and then the company went out of business. But yeah, I'll be waiting for the Rift to be released before buying.

It's pretty shocking to me that you are not the first of my friends to get one of these! You were hand building these devices in the late-ish 1990s!! I'll never forget that head mounted metal rails thing from the Leroy apartment that you had. The same place where you had the computer guts mounted to the wall as art work.

• It's funny that this has taken this long for VR stuff to take off. The professor I worked for in college was doing 3D displays with mirrors and a monitor, to test 3D visual perception.

• It really is amazing that it took this long. @AndyW was all about this stuff in the 1990s and was doing it a lot in the early 2000s too. He's had so many different 3D systems. We always talked about doing dual projector systems too but never actually pulled it off, just too much money.

• Yeah, the research I was doing was in the early 90s. I think it's just one of those things where the planets have to align - having everything be small enough and cheap enough, and it hitting the market at the right time.

• @ScottAlanMiller Oh, I'll be getting one. I just don't have the money to buy the dev kits too, especially when I know there will be lots of improvements before the release. I have been playing Skyrim on a 3D projector with TriDef 3D, which is pretty cool.

• @tolstoshev Make sure to come back and tell us how you like it. I've heard lots of good things so far.

• @AndyW said:

@tolstoshev Make sure to come back and tell us how you like it. I've heard lots of good things so far.

will do!

• @AndyW said:

@ScottAlanMiller Oh, I'll be getting one. I just don't have the money to buy the dev kits too, especially when I know there will be lots of improvements before the release. I have been playing Skyrim on a 3D projector with TriDef 3D, which is pretty cool.

You played Oblivion in 3d too!

Looks like your connection to GAMRHAUS was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.