Tabletop Gaming?

• @ScottAlanMiller said:

When we lived in Texas we had an amazing D&D campaign running but we had to cut it short when we moved back to New York. It is so hard to find a fun group that really role plays and is able to get together with any regularity.

This is my problem right now. I started playing D&D in college (a little late I know) and when I started working I lost a lot of those connections. I am trying to get a group of friends together in person and on Roll20 to do a bi-weekly Tremulus or Trail of Cthulhu game with the hopes that this will branch into something else.

• In high school I ran the school's gaming society. We ran five games a week and sometimes one on the weekends. We had our own publication too. And during the summer our game was so solid that a teacher convinced her son, a professional table top game writer, to drive over an hour to run a game for us once a week. It was an amazing introduction to table top role playing!

• @ScottAlanMiller said:

In high school I ran the school's gaming society. We ran five games a week and sometimes one on the weekends. We had our own publication too. And during the summer our game was so solid that a teacher convinced her son, a professional table top game writer, to drive over an hour to run a game for us once a week. It was an amazing introduction to table top role playing!

That is really cool, you must have grown up in a fairly large school. Gaming wasn't that popular in our school and the students who didn't weren't the most socially accepted, I didn't see it in its fullest until I started freshman year of college and got involved in the computer club.

• @coliver said:

That is really cool, you must have grown up in a fairly large school. Gaming wasn't that popular in our school and the students who didn't weren't the most socially accepted, I didn't see it in its fullest until I started freshman year of college and got involved in the computer club.

My class graduated 64.

• @ScottAlanMiller said:

@coliver said:

My class graduated 64.

Apparently not a big school at all. Still that is really cool that you had a gaming group.

• @coliver said:

Apparently not a big school at all. Still that is really cool that you had a gaming group.

Well, you might not be aware of this, but I have a bit of a reputation for being outspoken and organizing people ;) I started the club and it only took a few weeks for it to be the largest and most active club in the school.

• @ScottAlanMiller said:

@coliver said:

Well, you might not be aware of this, but I have a bit of a reputation for being outspoken and organizing people ;) I started the club and it only took a few weeks for it to be the largest and most active club in the school.

You're good a herding cats?

• Until just recently I was part of a Pathfinder RPG where we met via Skype and MapTools. It is a little harder than in person, but it is doable.

• @coliver said:

@ScottAlanMiller said:

@coliver said:

You're good a herding cats?

I am indeed.

• I tabletop game every Wednesday night with a pretty neat group. We play a variety of games: D&D, Numenera, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Dragon Age. I would be interested in chatting about this topic.

Looks like your connection to GAMRHAUS was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.