King's Quest IX Rumours

• So the rumour is that there is an official King's Quest IX installment finally in the making after decades of silence from the official Sierra channels. In August, Activision, who currently owns the old Sierra game house, announced that they were spinning the long defunct game company back up to be a publisher of its old IP. So the new Sierra has found a studio to work on the new game that Sierra will be publishing, hopefully next year.

It has been a very, very long time that fans have had to be content with just the first eight titles (and many people choose to ignore that the eighth title even existed.)

• @ScottAlanMiller I played the first three growing up, it would be fantastic to see what they could do with modern technology! :O

• @Mike-Ralston said:

@ScottAlanMiller I played the first three growing up, it would be fantastic to see what they could do with modern technology! :O

You should continue on. KQ4 is just like the first three but at least twice as long (which still isn't very long.) At the time it was groundbreaking for how big it was. Today, it's an hour to play through, tops.

But the big breakthrough in quality with KQV and KQIV. They had new graphics and voice acting. They are massive leaps forward in the series. But they retain the original feel while doing so.

• I'll certainly check it out!

• You can get the second trilogy on GOG for $10 when not on sale, I believe. Not bad at all for three games.