What's Your Favourite Genre?

• Genres are hard to define in video games. Games are not normally clearly one thing or another. And some categories, like RPG, are actually misclassified typically by something that does not reflect the actual genre (role playing is not about stats but is often associated with them to a point of confusion.) But, given broad speeding categories, what do people like to play?

For me, RPGs, Adventure games and JRPGs (which often fall in between) are my favourites. I like a storyline that I can really get into. I like seeing characters develop, influence the world around them and feel that I have taken part in something.

• @ScottAlanMiller I've grown up with RTS games, I'm a big fan of the Warhammer 40k lore + games. Not really liking the crap they've put out lately but I absolutely fell in love with Soulstorm (latest DLC for Dawn of War) which came out about ~2010 ( can't quite remember)

Another big one for me was Red Alert both universes.

• RPG and turn-based strategy. Like you, I like games where I affect the world and story by my decisions, and develop characters.

• I grew up on RTS games. That would have to my favorite genre... although there really haven't been any notable releases in the past several years.

• I guess I'm weird in that I don't care for RTS anymore. I grew up with it, but eventually found turn-based games and RPGs. I was really into Age of Mythology, and that style of gameplay. Not so much anymore...

• I have a few favs. I love RTS's MMORPG'S and MOBA'S now adays. But there was a large spectrum of time dedicated to purely just fps's. I love games that take skill and I can work at to become better than others so multiplayer now adays for me is almost a must. (I used to love the whole standard RPG'S but haven't played them in a long time).

• I like pretty much anything, but Simulation would have to be my favorite corner of the grouping. Anything that's very immersive is my cup of tea.

• @thanksaj said:

RPG and turn-based strategy. Like you, I like games where I affect the world and story by my decisions, and develop characters.

This is also where I put in the bulk of my time.

• Adventure Games. I find First Person Shooters an extension of Adventures, especially if it isn't all shooting and there are stories and skills needed, like Half-Life and ALIEN: Isolation.

Currently playing ALIEN: Isolation and Kentucky Route Zero...

Looks like your connection to GAMRHAUS was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.